Career Opportunity – General Manager, Health Safety Environment(HSE) – Operations – Calgary, Alberta
With over 80 years of experience in the construction industry, Graham has a diverse portfolio of completed projects. And in each of our projects, from the simplest to the most complex, our goal remains the same: do the best job possible, always.
Graham Management Services LP, one of Canada's leading general contractors and "50 Best Managed Companies" is seeking an experienced General Manager, HSE – Operations in our Calgary location.
The position will support our Commercial Operations Division. Graham may be willing to have the position based in any of our office locations in Western Canada.
Reporting to the Vice President HSE, the General Manager, HSE is a senior level position in our organization responsible for ensuring company management and workers comply with OH&S/OSHA Regulations, our HSE Management System, and municipal/client safety guidelines.
The General Manager, HSE leads and supervises a team of Regional HSE Managers(throughout Canada and USA).
Key Responsibilities(but not limited to):
· Set a good example, demonstrate a positive safety attitude and abide by the Safety Code of Ethics.
· Provide direction, support and leadership to Regional Safety Managers.
· Plans, organizes and implements the divisional HSE programs and processes designed to promote compliance with Corporate HSE Management System, local government regulation, and Industry Standards.
· Supports all divisional operations management in implementing, monitoring and improving Graham HSEMS. Provides leadership to develop and implement short and long term strategies for achieving Divisional goals. Facilitates integration of HSEMS into the Divisional decisions, plans and operations.
· Analyze and identify leading and lagging trends to assist in incident/injury prevention.
· Develop new and revised Safe Operating Practices, Standards and procedures as required.
· Assist in budget development and overall management of the HSE department.
· Based on team input, identify corporate HSE improvements and propose methods for resolving or improving worker safety.
· Support the Corporate Claims Management and Training departments with implementation of process and continuous improvement initiatives.
· Participate in and/or provide direction to others conducting major incident investigations, review site incident investigations, including identify and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
· Compile quarterly and annual reports for the Vice-President, HSE, to update ongoing HSE processes and address current issues. Provide recommendations for implementation of corrective actions and suggest program improvements.
· Work with client representatives, OH&S/OSHA, and Claims Management to resolve identified issues and opportunities. Represents the Division on HS&E issues to external clients, government entities, and communities.
· Provides advice to the Vice President of HSE relating to industry trends and the development of a stronger safety culture within the Division and overall Graham
· Accountable for accurate and timely reporting; analyze trends in loss experience and loss causation and initiate processes to address performance issues related to maintaining safe and healthy worksites.
· Conducts incident reviews and makes recommendations to Senior Management to eliminate or control future risk.
· Conduct corporate level audits.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
· Post secondary education in a related field or equivalent combination of post secondary education, trade certification or training and work experience( certificates, diplomas, degrees).
· Minimum of 10 years experience in a Managerial or Director level role in HS&E or a related discipline.
· 5 years construction industry experience in a management/supervisory position.
· Comprehensive working knowledge of OH&S/OSHA Acts & Regulations.
· Requirement to travel(40 - 50%) to fulfill job duties.
· Be a results oriented leader capable of working productively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
· Have thorough knowledge and experience in health and safety management systems and program implementation.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
· Strong mentoring skills.
· Be skilled in managing internal auditing programs.
· Possess the demonstrated ability to motivate self and others.
· Have broad knowledge of local government Health & Safety Acts, Policies, Regulations, and Industry Standards as they apply to the construction industry.
· Demonstrated leadership, project management, and conflict resolution skills.
· Ability to handle competing priorities.
· IT proficient.
Graham offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience, along with an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to acquire shares in the company. Graham is committed to the training and development of its people.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone enquiries from agencies, thank you.