About the Role
Graham is the North America-wide integrated project solutions partner delivering on everything from smaller building renovations up to the most complex $600+ million design-build and P3 projects, plus financing and post-construction operations. We are a diversified employee-owned organization with big-company resources, family-company values and continually improving capabilities. Companies, owner-occupants and public organizations across North America count on Graham to meet their needs.
Graham has been awarded Platinum status by the Financial Post as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed” Private Companies and has been named one of the “50 Best Employers in Canada” by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. Our mission is to provide superior integrated construction solutions throughout North America while offering our employees a challenging and rewarding career within a safe work environment, and our unitholders a competitive return.
Shared values, passion for safety, quality building, and strong commitment to the organization typify the skilled professionals and technicians that choose to build a career with us.
Reporting to the Director, Mechanical & Electrical, the M&E Manager is responsible for providing process, planning, preparation, and negotiation of mechanical and electrical areas of a specific large project, or providing advice, guidance and assistance to multiple projects and M&E Coordinators within the field. The M&E Manager participates in the bid and estimates as well as construction phases of projects.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinate M&E deliverables for Project Pursuits
- Assist with bid preparation, bid closing and attend interviews
- Assist with value engineering process
- Assist with planning and implementation of temporary services including heat and power
- Assist in preparation and negotiation of M&E subcontracts
- Develop and monitor submittal
- Coordination of sleeving for services and coordination of electrical drawing andschedules with subtrades
- Manage 3-dimensional coordination process
- Review submittals and manage the submission to thedesign team/ and authority as required
- Attend design, owner and subtrade meetings
- Issue and manage electrical and mechanical RFI's
- Resolve electrical and mechanical site and design issues
- Administration of Electrical & Mechanical portions of project schedule
- Issue direction to Electrical& Mechanical as necessary
- Participate in weekly M&E subtrade meeting including building controls, balancing and drywall contractors
- Administer M&E contracts including special and general conditions
- Arrange and manage all design team on inspections
- Electrical inspections as well as maintaining Deficiency reports to subtrades
- Resolve issues with governing authorities
- Participate in safety inspections and overall site safety
- Be the main contact for Electrical& Mechanical issues relating to documentation for design owner and subtrades
- Assist in the commissioning process or act as liaison with 3rd party commissioning agent, lead the Electrical commissioning
- Schedule and manage subtrade testing and demonstrations including life safety
- Assist with building turnover, training and closeout documentation
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering/Technologist Degree desirable but not required
- Journeyman Certificate; or Equivalency
- Degree in Quantity Surveying would be an asset
- CIOB/MRICS is considered an asset but not required
- 10+ years experience in construction estimating, supervision and engineering experience is typically required.
- LEED accredited an asset
- Experience in Electrical & Mechanical costing
- Experience in contract negotiation
- Experience in commissioning
- Prior experience working with clients, vendors, and subtrades
- Experience in bid preparation, negotiation, and closing is required
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent attention to detail
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Job ID: 29