About the Role
Graham is the North America-wide integrated project solutions partner delivering on everything from smaller building renovations up to the most complex $600+ million design-build and P3 projects, plus financing and post-construction operations. We are a diversified employee-owned organization with big-company resources, family-company values and continually improving capabilities. Companies, owner-occupants and public organizations across North America count on Graham to meet their needs.
Graham has been awarded Platinum status by the Financial Post as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed” Private Companies and has been named one of the “50 Best Employers in Canada” by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. Our mission is to provide superior integrated construction solutions throughout North America while offering our employees a challenging and rewarding career within a safe work environment, and our unitholders a competitive return.
Shared values, passion for safety, quality building, and strong commitment to the organization typify the skilled professionals and technicians that choose to build a career with us.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the QA/QC Coordinator is responsible for coordination, execution and oversight of quality control during all construction and ensures all fabrication and construction work is satisfactorily completed in accordance with legislated, company and client quality standards.This position is based on the Campbell River Hospital project in Campbell River, BC.
North Island Hospitals Project (Campbell River Hospital)
• 95 bed facility
• 240,000 square ft
• $600M combined project value
As a QA/QC Coordinator, some key responsibilities include:
- Review project specifications and drawings for all awarded projects to determine client quality requirements and planning and implementing their execution
- Provide technical assistance to site superintendents and project managers in the application of quality program and client specification requirements
- Prepare and ensure quality plans, ITP’s, etc. are finalized and approved by management prior to commencement of project execution
- Organize and chair internal ITP kickoff meetings
- Along with QC Inspectors and QC Coordinators, prepare QC documentation binders for distribution and rollout
- Provide technical expertise, recommendations and assistance to Engineering, Purchasing, other Quality Departments and other company personnel regarding the application of quality program and client specification requirements
- Ensure Code and Company requirements are implemented at shop and field sites.Resolve field QC issues in regards to standards, processes and systems
- Participate in project audits as required
- Progress corrective actions required to a satisfactory conclusion
- Provide work leadership to QC Inspectors and Coordinators and attend Shop and Field sites to assess / monitor performance
- Prepare and deliver periodic project performance/quality reports as required by the Manager
- Ensure turnover packages are issued to Manager for storage and retention
- Provide support to Bid proposals when requested
- Attend pre job meetings / kick off meetings
- Liaise with jurisdictional authorities, third party inspectors, and outside agencies/organizations as required during execution of projects
- Support the Manager in developing project specific protocols / documents
- Make suggestions on improvements or changes to QA/QC program based on professional observations and expertise
- 3 years of construction Quality Control duties
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in construction during which technical and work leadership experience has been clearly demonstrated
- Knowledge of processes, standards and Provincial Regulations and their application
- Proficiency with computers, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage conflicting needs while ensuring quality standards and deadlines are met
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and solutions oriented approaches
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage day to day responsibilities in an effective manner
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan.
- Ownership and long term equity opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Job ID: 124