About the Role
Graham is the North America-wide integrated project solutions partner delivering on everything from smaller building renovations up to the most complex $600+ million design-build and P3 projects, plus financing and post-construction operations. We are a diversified employee-owned organization with big-company resources, family-company values and continually improving capabilities. Companies, owner-occupants and public organizations across North America count on Graham to meet their needs.
Graham has been awarded Platinum status by the Financial Post as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed” Private Companies and has been named one of the “50 Best Employers in Canada” by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. Our mission is to provide superior integrated construction solutions throughout North America while offering our employees a challenging and rewarding career within a safe work environment, and our unitholders a competitive return.
Shared values, passion for safety, quality building, and strong commitment to the organization typify the skilled professionals and technicians that choose to build a career with us.
The Construction Manager will be responsible to support a CDN $606.2 million public private partnership (P3) with the Vancouver Health Authority which encompasses 2 new, state-of-the-art acute care facilities; a 153 bed hospital in Comox Valley and a 95 bed hospital in Campbell River. The new hospitals will include approximately 72,000 m2 (775,001 sq. ft.) of new space and is scheduled to commence in July 2014 and is expected to be completed by May 2017.
At Graham some key responsibilities include:
Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, union officials, subcontractors, security, etc.
Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
Authorize/approve all project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.), purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
Maintain official project log and documentation files.
Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- 4 year engineering degree in Civil or Mechanical or an equivalent combination of experience and education: Post-Secondary - 2 years minimum (technical school, university or trade certificate and 7 years experience in project management or field supervision).
- Ten or more years construction estimating, supervision, and engineering experience is required, including experience on $100m + hospital projects.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to produce highly professional proposals and presentations.
Compensation and Benefits
- $145,000 - $160,000 annual salaryplus annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan.
- Ownership and long term equity opportunities
101 Lerwick Road
V9N 9E5 Important Information
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Job ID: 157