About the Role
Graham is the North America-wide integrated project solutions partner delivering on everything from smaller building renovations up to the most complex $600+ million design-build and P3 projects, plus financing and post-construction operations. We are a diversified employee-owned organization with big-company resources, family-company values and continually improving capabilities. Companies, owner-occupants and public organizations across North America count on Graham to meet their needs.
Graham has been awarded Platinum status by the Financial Post as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed” Private Companies and has been named one of the “50 Best Employers in Canada” by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. Our mission is to provide superior integrated construction solutions throughout North America while offering our employees a challenging and rewarding career within a safe work environment, and our unitholders a competitive return.
Shared values, passion for safety, quality building, and strong commitment to the organization typify the skilled professionals and technicians that choose to build a career with us.
The Construction Quality Manager will be responsible for inspection, coordination, execution and oversight of quality control during all shop and field fabrication / construction and ensuring that all fabrication and construction work is satisfactorily completed in accordance with legislated and company quality standards.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Reviewing project specifications and drawings for all awarded projects to determine quality requirements and planning and implementing their execution.
- Assisting with preparing and ensuring quality plans, ITP’s, etc. are finalized and approved by the Project Manager and/or QA Director prior to commencement of project execution.
- Organizing and chairing where requested internal ITP kickoff meetings for awarded projects.
- Preparing, distributing and kicking off job QA documentation binders with own forces andsub-trades.
- Attending Shop and Field sites to assess / monitor performance of QA third party testing agencies.
- Undertaking resident Field based supervision to ensure smooth establishment of QApersonnel and processes, when directed by Project Manager
- Providing ongoing documented support, mentoring, training and continual improvement to Shop and Field personnel.
- Carrying out subcontractor quality control surveillance.
- Assisting with reviewing and acceptance of quality control documentation.
- Providing technical assistance to site superintendents and project managers in the application of quality program and client specification requirements.
- Ensuring the QA program is communicated and executed efficiently and effectively at Shop and Field sites.
- Resolving Field QA issues in regards to standards, processes, and systems
- Progressing corrective action required from audit findings to a satisfactory conclusion as directed by Project Manager and/or QA Director.
- Providing quality performance data for Shop and Field projects, and periodic project quality reports as required by QA Director
- Graduate of a Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering degree or technology program
- Minimum 5 years of construction Quality Control duties, and progressively responsible experience in construction during which technical and work leadership experience has been clearly demonstrated
- Extensive knowledge of Civil, Structural, NDE processes, Codes and Provincial regulations.
- Knowledge of processes, standards and Provincial Regulations and their application
- Previous experience as an Inspector would be an asset.
- Proficiency with computers, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage conflicting needs while ensuring quality standards and deadlines are met
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and solutions oriented approaches
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage day to day responsibilities in an effective manner
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan.
- Ownership and long term equity opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Job ID: 163