Career Opportunity – Administrative Assistant
Graham has grown to be an industry leading solutions partner. An employee-owned company, the organization encompasses the entire construction life cycle and every contracting mode, delivered through divisional offices across North America. Shared values, passion for safe, quality building, and strong commitment to the organization typify the skilled professionals and technicians that choose to build a career with us.
Graham has been awarded Platinum status by the Financial Post as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed” Private Companies. Along with this distinction, we were named one of the “50 Best Employers in Canada” by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. The business success of Graham is not defined solely in accounting terms, and must be accompanied by a commitment to a rewarding career for our employees, and service to the communities in which we live and work.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Office Manager and will be responsible for filing, processing of mail, telephone reception relief and general office duties. This position will support in an administrative role for the commercial operations group. This role will provide coverage for a 1 year maternity leave with the possibility of permanent employment.
· Maintains the central filing system for Operations, including setting up new Project files(hard copy and electronic versions in Project Admin)
· Archives old project files, including maintaining the archive file storage room
· Gather and file Bids Not Received on an ongoing basis
· Maintains an up to date listing of files in the central file room and the archive
· Files hard copy project documents for Project Managers
· Copies plan drawings as required by Project Managers
· Refills all Commercial Operations photocopies and fax machines daily
· Provides general assistance for tender closings, as required(pre-tendering phone/fax, distributing incoming faxes, typing etc.).
· Assembles manuals for project close out as required
· Assists in updating the Subtrade Plan room(photocopying addenda, etc.) as required.
· Provides data entry for project manager expense claims
· General office duties including, photocopying, scanning, emailing, faxing, filing, answering phones, distribute incoming and outgoing mail
· Subcontract Document Control, including requesting, issuing and tracking documentation.
· Format draft emailed letters from estimators and project managers and print onto letterhead
· Responsible for all reception relief including breaks, days off and vacation days, as requested and required by the receptionist
· Takes meeting minutes and notes and prepares draft business correspondence
· Responsible for the upkeep of common areas(central files, library, photocopying, supply room, archives, blueprint room, vault and atrium).
· Arrange travel itineraries and bookings for members of the division
· Arranges Costco purchasing as required, including related cash control.
· Orders lunches for tender closings
· Miscellaneous duties as requested
· Comprehensive benefits package including health & dental benefits and company matched pension plan
· Ownership and long term equity opportunities
· Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
· Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
· Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
The successful candidate will have the following:
· Share Graham’s values about teamwork, safety, productivity and quality
· Support continuous improvement through internal and external partnerships built on Graham’s values of commitment, integrity and reliability
· Ability and willingness to build great work relationships and to get work done in partnership with others.
· Understand employees’ commitment as owners to meet the expectations of the unit holders
· High school graduate, Administration Diploma or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience
· Prior document control experience within a Construction environment is an asset.
Competencies and Attributes:
· Minimum of 50 WPM typing skills, with good formatting and grammatical skills
· Good written and verbal communications skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team environment
· Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills
· Professional demeanor and able to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
· Flexible, able to deal with a variety of people effectively
· Able to take initiative and work independently
· Strong computer skills and prior document control system experience an asset
· Word processing skills using MS Office( Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Visio.
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and sub mit your application online at www.graham.ca/careers.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6