Career Opportunity – Senior Estimator( NOC 2234)
Graham has grown to be an industry leading solutions partner. An employee-owned company, the organization encompasses the entire construction life cycle and every contracting mode, delivered through divisional offices across North America. Graham supports our divisions with integrated areas of expertise to ensure every project team or improvement initiative has access to the right pool of skills to match the complexity of our commitments. The team takes pride in our impressive portfolio of projects and innovative information systems.
Shared values, passion for safe, quality building, and strong commitment to the organization typify the skilled professionals and technicians that choose to build a career with us. Graham believes that leveraging Human Resources for profit, high moral standards, and social responsibility are not mutually exclusive concepts.
Graham has been awarded Platinum status by the Financial Post as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed” Private Companies. Along with this distinction, we were named one of the “50 Best Employers in Canada” by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. The business success of Graham is not defined solely in accounting terms, and must be accompanied by a commitment to a rewarding career for our employees, and service to the communities in which we live and work.
The Senior Estimator reports directly to the Chief Estimator and will be responsible for performing all facets of a commercial works estimate including quantities, costing and sub-trade analysis for presentation and final review of major items. This position may direct the work activities of other Estimators based on project requirements. This is a permanent, full-time role and is based in our Saskatoon, SK office( 875-57th Street East, Saskatoon SK, S7K 5Z2).
· Responsible for all aspects of the estimate( including building sitework, cut/fill, detailed excavations, paving work, infrastructure i.e. bridges and concrete structures)
· Adapts toward estimating building construction on a project basis
· Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work including scheduling and project planning
· Detailed knowledge of market labour and equipment rates
· Prepares detailed estimates by calculating complete take-off of scope of work
· Prepares final estimate summaries, analyzing each section for scope, pricing and completeness
· Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current and accurate information on prices from suppliers
The successful candidate will have the following:
· Share Graham’s values about teamwork, safety, productivity and quality
· Support continuous improvement through internal and external partnerships built on Graham’s motto of commitment, integrity and reliability
· Ability and willingness to build great work relationships and to get work done in partnership with others.
· Understand employees’ commitment as owners to meet the expectations of the unit holders
· Ownership opportunities
· Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
· Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the fore of a fast evolving business sector
· Wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
· Hardworking, committed team
· Strong legacy and reputation as an employer of choice in Calgary
· Growth mandate with 20% unit holder return target
· Comprehensive benefits package including health & dental benefits and company matched pension plan
· Competitive salary($110K-$130K) including annual bonus potential
· Civil Engineering or related degree
· 10+ years minimum background in commercial works;
Competencies and Attributes:
· Working familiarity with applicable excavation estimating software packages
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Experience using estimating systems is required
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and sub mit your application online at www.graham.ca/careers.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6