About the Role
Graham is the North America-wide integrated project solutions partner delivering on everything from smaller building renovations up to the most complex $600+ million design-build and P3 projects, plus financing and post-construction operations. We are a diversified employee-owned organization with big-company resources, family-company values and continually improving capabilities. Companies, owner-occupants and public organizations across North America count on Graham to meet their needs.
Graham has been awarded Platinum status by the Financial Post as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed” Private Companies and has been named one of the “50 Best Employers in Canada” by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. Our mission is to provide superior integrated construction solutions throughout North America while offering our employees a challenging and rewarding career within a safe work environment, and our unitholders a competitive return.
Shared values, passion for safety, quality building, and strong commitment to the organization typify the skilled professionals and technicians that choose to build a career with us.
Reporting to the Director, HSE the Senior HSE Coordinatormust be fully conversant in all relevant health, safety and environmental legislation. The successful candidate, based out of the Saskatoon, is also expected to travel and support the Saskatoon project offices. Coverage and travel schedule will be determined at time of hire.
- Take responsibility for his/her own health, safety, and environment protection, direct reports, the general public, and visitors to their site(s)
- Conduct project specific safety orientation with all workers and visitors new to the worksite prior to commencement of work on the project
- Arrange or conduct HSE training for workers and supervisors
- Conduct formal (documented) project inspections with the project Superintendent and a worker to ensure hazards are identified and a corrective action plan is developed and implemented
- Assist in equipment inspections, preparation of reports, and follow up on all noted deficiencies
- Ensure compliance of the maintenance program for tools and equipment on the project
- Correct any unsafe conditions, when possible, and report any uncorrected conditions to the responsible project Superintendent or Supervisor
- Assist project Supervision in the implementation and communication of the Project Specific Safety Plan (PSSP)
- Assist and participate with the monthly safety committee meetings
- Assist, conduct, and coach workers in Field Level Risk Assessments (FLRAs), as required
- Assist and coach workers in Behaviour Based Safety (BBS) assessment, when required
- Support project Supervision with claims management and return to work processes
- Accompany local government HSE inspector and project Superintendent for inspections, and ensure corrections to compliance with legislation are taken
- Ensure all controlled products supplied to projects are accompanied by a corresponding current material safety data sheet (MSDS), and other documentation as required by local government regulations
- Ensure Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and other related emergency documents, bulletins, and notices are posted and communicated to workers
- Ensure all required HSE reports and meeting minutes are filed, with copies sent to the appropriate personnel for review and corrective action
- Assist project Supervisors and/or Foremen to conduct incident investigations, analysis, and completion of incident reports and summaries
- Review incident reports and maintain monthly statistics to identify undesirable trends
- Demonstrate visible and professional HSE leadership at all times.
- Certified Safety Officer (CSO or NCSO) minimum requirement
- High School Graduate
- Standard First Aid
- Heavy Equipment Technician Trade Certification is desirable but not required
- Fouryears experience as a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor with related experience in Heavy Construction and Mining Equipment
- Strongknowledge of OH&S or OSHA Regulations as applicable for location of responsibility
- Practical/site Heavy Equipment knowledge, skills and work experience
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Job ID: 32