Career Opportunity - Senior Project Safety Coordinator
With over 80 years of experience in the construction industry, Graham has a diverse portfolio of completed projects. And in each of our projects, from the simplest to the most complex, our goal remains the same: do the best job possible, always.
Graham, one of Canada’s leading general contractors and “50 Best Managed Companies” has an opportunity available for an experienced Senior Project Safety Coordinator in our Vancouver location.
Reporting to the Regional HSE Manager, the Senior Project Safety Coordinator is responsible for:
· Providing advice to project management on the safety-related actions needed to maintain an acceptable level of safety on the job site. This advice is based on OH&S/OSHA Acts and Regulations, W.C.B. and Graham Safety and Loss Prevention rules, policies and procedures.
· Observing, inspecting and assisting site operations to ensure work is being done safely and the site is in Regulatory compliance. This will encompass 70-80% of this role’s time.
· Seeking cooperation from workers on site by the use of good interpersonal communication skills
· Recognizing hazardous situations and act on them appropriately.
· Providing safety-specific training to individuals and groups.
· Working efficiently and effectively with employees and management, often in stressful situations.
· Staying up-to-date of the latest changes to the applicable legislation.
· Travelling for extended periods of time and/or working away from home. This is a requirement of the role.
- Certified Safety Officer( CSO or NCSO) minimum requirement
- High School Graduate.
- Standard First Aid.
- Construction Trade Certification is desirable but not required.
- Four years related construction experience, minimum, as a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor.
- Strong knowledge of OH&S or OSHA Regulations as applicable for location of responsibility.
- Practical/site construction knowledge, skills and work experience.
- Fantastic Intermediate level position with opportunities for career advancement
- Great benefits
- Commitment to the training and development of people
- Opportunity to build long term equity in Graham
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone enquiries from agencies, thank you.